April 7, 2010

Ching Ming Festival/Food Fiesta

Ching Ming Festival usually occurring around April 5 of the Chinese Calendar : an opportunity for celebrants to remember and honour their ancestors at grave sites. Young (just like me) and old (my parents and relatives) pray before the ancestors, sweep the tombs and offer food, tea, wine, chopsticks, joss paper accessories, and/or libations to the ancestors. As usual I'm back to my lovely hometown, Penang for this festival but ended up having a food fiesta beside the praying activity. Here are some home cook food and those on the streets - not to forget my Pek Kueh which I've been missing for ages. Bon appetite!!!

Acar Fish, Delicious - All Time Fav!
Curry Fish with Lady Fingers
Fried Assam Prawn
Pek Kueh - Heavy Rain Does Not Stop Me From Getting The Pek Kueh from the Seller Home :)
Yummy Prawn Noodle - The Stall Located at San Tieow Loh (3rd Road)
Penang Road Cendol - Melted When Served due to Hot Day
Nin Go - Penang Road
I Can't Resist to Have this 'Jeruk Manga' - Teluk Bahang
Jambu Air - Sweet, Delicious: Available at my Cousin House - Can You See the Fruit?
Huat Kueh, Homemade by my 4th Aunt - It will melt you down :)
The Best Nyonya Fried Bee Hoon, Homemade by my 4th Aunt - You will Eat Your Tongue
Another Homemade, Peanut Desert - You won't believe till you taste IT!
Best Penang Rojak @ Gurney Drive

3 comments:

Marteen Lee said...

my lord.... meleleh la gue... so enjoyed ya! good for u!!! :)

destinasea said...

glam makanan M tetaps tersohor di persadar dunia! GLAMMMMMM M!!!!!

ksc:nick said...

thanks thanks.. but can't beat you and family.. melerts!